Saturday, January 21, 2012

Consider the Source

If I had a dollar for each time I said the words "Consider the source" 
I'd be able to take my family on a super snazzy vacation.  

I say it often to my students, to my sweet daughter, and to my friends. 
 I found myself saying it often on Friday to a sweet friend who 
was very upset by something someone had said to her.  

In our conversation I kept reminding her that this person who said the hurtful things
 was someone who was known for causing trouble- 
who in fact seemed to actually enjoy upsetting people.  

I decided I'd like to have this hanging in my classroom as a reminder 
to me and to my students that before we assign value to something someone has said 
we need to consider who it is doing the speaking.  

Here it is in case you also need the reminder! 
          
Consider the Source

No comments:

Post a Comment